GROWTH GROUP LEADER QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
Growth Groups are an integral part of what we do as a church. We believe that sustained life change occurs as we are growing in relationship with Christ. We believe this happens best when we are prioritizing intentional relationships with others who are seeking this same goal.
We are glad that you are interested in becoming a Growth Group (GG) leader! A Growth Group leader is an incredible opportunity for God to use your gifts and talents in helping create an ideal environment for others to grow in relationship with God and others.
Please read through the information below to better understand the role of a leader, qualifications and expectations.
If you are interested in pursuing Growth Group leadership, please contact Walt Hastings.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Be a member of Bergen Park Church
- Be FAT – Faithful, Available, Teachable
Growth Group leaders are facilitators who pull the group together. They are not the Bible answer man or the group’s resident theologian. Depending on their gifting, they may be pastors of their group (encouraging and supporting one another), teachers (helping the group decide what to study, or encouraging them in their personal walk with God), or administrators (deciding when to meet, where, how often). They do not need to "do it all" as others in the group can help to make it happen and would probably welcome the opportunity.
- Attend basic training before starting a group.
- Be the point person to connect with people and set up the environment you will be in. Others may share in teaching, organizing dates to meet, deciding what to study, etc.
- Commit to staying connected to a Growth Group coach for support, troubleshooting and encouragement.