TURNING WORK WORLD RIGHTSIDE UP
Ephesians 6:7-8 – Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, because you know the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether slave or free.
Labor Relations for Christ Followers
- From the message on this passage, what gets your attention, challenges or confuses you? These “hot” issues are worth bringing up now and might fit into the discussion as the meeting continues.
- What are the greatest challenges you face at your work or in your home or community today? List just the top one or two, and listen for similarities from others in your group.
- With Ephesians 5:21 as the hinge verse for the church, home and workplace, how does this Christian world view differ from what you have experienced as an employee or employer? How have you see this work, or not work and what were the reasons for its success or failure?
4. To be subject to others takes a humility beyond what we usually have. How does Romans 12:9-16 give a fuller picture of a humility from God?
5. Our work is not only a part of God’s design for us it is also an opportunity to expose a genuine and attractive faith. From the proverbs below draw out how each one adds to our understanding of the worth of our work and how it could be applied to your work, school or home environment.
6. Using Colossians 3:17 as your core verse, how would submission to others look for you tomorrow at your work without being abused by the more self-centered people around you? How could your faith in Jesus become a topic of conversation by the way you work?